Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Days Like This

On days like this I ask myself why I wanted to work outside. Why didn't I choose an office job?? A nice warm office. With carpets. And central heating. But no - I hate being inside all day, I hate office work.

So I chose construction. Well I didn't really choose it as much as I kind of fell into it while I was at uni. But I stayed in it and qualified in it because I loved working outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Even in the cold, crisp autumn & winter fresh air and sunshine.

But on days like today?? Where there are gales. And rain. Heavy rain. Heavy rain being lashed almost sideways by the gales. And I'm on the roof of a five-storey hospital building. Days like this I really question my sanity. (Ok - I know almost everybody else questions my sanity every day, but I only question it sometimes *g*).

But at least, on days like this, it's nice to come home, a have a nice bowl of hot stew, and watch the football.

Good night and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: