Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don't Jump Off The Roof, Ze

You'll make a hole in the yard, Mother's just planted petunias, The weeding and seeding was hard...

The original was Dad not Ze of course *g*. The reason for the song?? I'm working as a roofer's mate again. I'm not qualified to be a roofer but I can be a roofer's mate. We're working at the hospital, replacing the slate tiles on the Victorian bit. There are 3 roofers so consequently there are 6 roofer's mates. I'm lucky to be working. ROK sacked another 1800 workers. So there's a lot of competition right now.

Of course I'm doubly useful. I'm qualified to erect and take down scaffolding. This saves them hiring a separate scaffolder to oversee the work.

Mind you - if I hear one more crack about the size/speed/state/etc. of my "erection" someone is going to be wearing a scaffolding pole in a location which will make sitting down somewhat of a problem!!

Ze

No comments: