Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Tempus fugit

Blimey, it's September already. Nearly autumn (or spring if you're south of the equator). Doesn't time fly?? Where did the year go??

Another hot, sunny, day today. I did not carry out my threat to go to work in a sports bra. *g*. Nor did I wear shorts. (I don't do shorts!!) But I did switch from jeans to a pair of khaki combats (thin cotton trousers), and from a polo shirt to a t-shirt. It was slightly better.

Had a wee bit of a problem with the washing machine when I got home. Outflow pipe got blocked (those little sachet things can be a right royal pain if they don't fully dissolve). No fun disconnecting the outflow and unblocking it when the machine is (naturally, since it couldn't drain) full of water. Took some doing not to flood the kitchen completely. I got a bit of water on the floor and a lot of water on me but I kept it pretty well under control other than that. Certainly cooled me down, though.

A mate described me as "a hazard" the other day. Does this make me a water hazard?? *g*

Ok - there's a slight addition to tonight's updates. Right at the end there's a single story marked extra. Unlike our usual updates it's not femslash. But it is special. I mean - how often do you get a Nicola Griffith story for free?? Totally with her permission. She posted the link on her blog and said to go read it. So I did. (I mean - it's Nicola Griffith for pete's sake!!) And now I'm putting it here so you can, too.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: