Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Out, out, damn' spot of compost...

La donna e mobile!! It's always easy to tell the newest fandoms - they're the ones that take the longest. It used to take ages to check Legend of the Seeker - took me two minutes tonight. Took even less time to check the various L&O sites. But Rizzoli & Isles took an hour and fifteen minutes!!

Started the temporary job today. I'm glad it's only temporary. I must have washed my hands a dozen times at the end of the day. Scrubbed my nails with a nail-brush twice. And yet I still have compost under them!! Tomorrow I'm dragging my nails across a bar of soap before I start work to see if that helps.

Of course today it was hot & sunny - and the forecast for tomorrow is hotter. Typical. When I'm outside it rains but because I'm sitting in the middle of a gigantic greenhouse - twenty metres by ten metres of glass panels - we have to have a heatwave. I was sweating cobs in my jeans and polo shirt. I may turn up in shorts and a sports bra tomorrow!!

It's very relaxing potting up these poor little plants but I reckon I'm going to be sick of the sight of them before the week is out. Ah well. It pays a wage. That's the important thing.

Loads for you to read tonight, so I'll let you get on with it.

Ze

No comments: