Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Torture

A friend linked to this macro in a comment on my blog. And it was just too cute not to share. This is the only kind of pirate I like. *g*

My ankle's doing well. It's free of all the strappings, supports and paraphernalia. Now all that remains is the physio. Which is extremely painful. Are physiotherapists naturally sadistic torturers or is it just part of the job??

My physio is a lovely lady. Middle aged, matronly, friendly, cheerful and as evil as it's possible to be. She seems to take delight in announcing, "You may feel a little discomfort with this." before causing me excruciating agony, all the while smiling and happily chatting about her eldest daughter's upcoming wedding.

Actually I'm not sure which is the worst torture. The unbelievable pain in my ankle as she rotates it between palms of steel, or the mind-numbing descriptions of the wedding frock!! I mean - do I look like someone who knows what taffeta is?? Or who can offer an opinion as to whether something called "ruched" is a good idea for the bridesmaids outfits??

Fortunately she doesn't seem to expect an answer that isn't a groan of pain.

Ze

No comments: