Saturday, September 11, 2010

Words

Another busy Saturday for us. E did get some down time I happy to say. Now the kids are off to dinner with Mike and we're finally getting this update done.

Today we're observing the September 11 tragedy here in the US. I would like to think we learned something from it but our current news cycle doesn't seem to support that.

I have to keep in mind that News in the US is big business. It has become entertainment. The loudest, ugliest, most horrifying things sell advertising. As a result, the world gets to see the ugliest aspects of my country. Believe me when I say the majority of my fellow Americans are not like that. We can be great but I know it's hard for the world to believe when all they see is hatred.

I still believe in the ideals upon which my country was founded even if a few have forgotten.

Tamara

No comments: