Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tis raining cats, tis raining dogs

Can't think of much to say tonight. I haven't really done a lot except work. (Got to make the most of the good weather). And watch footy. Of course, being British we've all had a moan about the weather. I sometimes wonder what we'd do if we couldn't grumble about it.

Earlier in the year it was too wet. Now it's too dry. And it's been "close" (humid) with it.

It's been hot for several weeks (between 25 & 30c - which is really, really hot for England - and no rain. And it hasn't cooled down much at night. The ground was dryer than dry. Normally even if the top is dry, digging down a little will produce damp soil. But not lately. Lately it's been dry as far as a couple of spits. (A spit is the length of the spade's blade).

My poor allotment was crying out for water. And when you have an allotment that measures ten rods and is packed with thirsty veggies, and has to be watered with a watering can filled from a stand-pipe at the other end of the allotments (about 300 metres distant) it's no fun.

People have grumbled a treat. There was talk of a hose-pipe ban in the north-west of England.

Until today. Today it rained all day. And it was great. The forecast for the rest of the week is rain, too. I can practically hear my tomatoes sighing in relief... As am I.

Tis raining cats, tis raining dogs, tis pouring from the skies,

Tis fun for fish, tis fun for frogs - but oh - poor butterflies!!

Ze

3 comments:

PHIL/OZ said...

Proud beta and publicist that I am in all things "D"...I would be remiss in my (Oreo paid) duties if I did not correct the listing. A Diva's Demise contains more than two dozen fandoms in it's crossover storyline. I know. I helped D keep track of the appearances and continuity of all those characters.
Just check the photo montage (included with the story) for the character listing.

E said...

Phil...duly noted...and fixed (kind of)

zero2aries said...

Phil -

Hi mate

Yeah - D sent me a mail telling me I'd cocked it up. *g*

It's 12 *pairings* not 12 *fandoms*. - I sorted it the next night (Weds update - as you've probably seen by now)....

I added a separate link to the montage, too - it's worthy of one

Ze