Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stealing is wrong: the sequel

I had a tale all ready to tell you tonight. And then a friend posted a blog entry that made me sit up. So I decided to link to her blog instead and post my fluff next week You've all read (or skipped over) my rants on plagiarism (feb last year) and the fact that it's stealing. Well I feel the same way about piracy. And so does my friend.

This is Karin Kallmaker's (and if you don't know who she is, shame on you!!) blog Romance & Chocolate. This entry is about piracy.

Please don't do it. There's plenty of stuff on the web that's made available to you free of charge. Everything we report, in fact. Read that if you can't afford to buy a book. But please don't steal a book you should be paying for. It's theft.

Let me say that again louder. IT'S STEALING. If you download something which you should have paid for and you haven't paid for it then you are a thief just as much as if you walked into a bookshop and walked out with a paperback under your coat.. Theft is wrong. Thieves are worthless. It's that simple.

Enjoy your (free) updates. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: