Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Heatwave...

We're having a heatwave...

Well, by British standards it is, maybe not by the standards of two-thirds of the rest of the world. It's been between 24c & 26c for the past four or five days. It got up to 27c today. Much too hot for Britain in May. It feels even hotter than it is because we've gone from below average temps and rain, to this and blazing sunshine within a week.

At least I remembered my ears today. Yesterday I forgot and they got burnt. I put sun-block on my arms, face and even my neck, but not my ears. Today I put block on my ears too. I really didn't fancy the idea of permanent glow-in-the-dark lug 'oles!!

It's supposed to be around 10c cooler tomorrow. And it's bound to rain at the weekend because it's Whitsun bank holiday!!

Ze

No comments: