Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Guest Ramble

I think Yahoo hates me. I sure as damnit hate it. Just when I think I've finally sorted my email problems out Yahoo groups starts trying to get me!!

So tonight we have a guest ramble for you instead, from Joan. (I think there's another one for you tomorrow but it's currently trapped somewhere in cyber-space by the demons of Yahell!!)


    The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears.

    --8<--

    Teddy Bear

    Ah, yes, who hasn't one? Mine is about five inches tall,
    and he wears a yellow knit top. He also wears some
    out-of-the-factory patches -- the manufacturers obviously
    not counting on enough cuddling to make real patches
    necessary. Well, they are wrong.

    This bear, his name is Topsy-Turvy, by the way, was given
    to me by my partner (well, ex-partner, but still my best
    friend), and he has seen a lot of tears from me, and
    listened to a lot of heart-wrenched sobs.

    When I was in hospital, I noticed that my room-mate did
    not have a stuffed animal-toy to hug during long nights,
    and Jen and I decided to give her one. Of course, Jen had
    to go get him, and she came up with a fluff of a bear too
    cute to put in words. Christel was moved to tears,
    something we both watched with apprehension, and, yes,
    pride.

    By now, Christel has died, earlier than anticipated.
    I don't think her Teddy has gotten a seat of honour
    -- he's probably in the trash by now, as far as I came to
    know Christel's 'loving' family. Which makes me sad even
    beyond Christel's death.

    So, I'm looking across my room and see Topsy-Turvy half
    hidden behind a pillow. When I go to bed this night, I'm
    sure I'll hear him whisper 'Hey, you', or 'Wipe that look
    off your face', or anything disrespectful, for he is quite
    a cheeky one.

    If you love somebody, to misquote Sting, give them a
    Teddy Bear.

    Joan

    -->8--


Thanks Joan.

See you next week folks, Goodnight and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: