Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Footy & Weather.

First - Yesterday I meant to mention (but forgot) that it is Passover and I wanted to wish our Jewish readers a Happy Pesach.

British Summer Time (daylight saving) started this past weekend and that, together with the Spring Equinox of ten days ago, should mark the beginning of Spring.

Yeah, right!!

I live in Devon. That's the county where daffodils bloom in February. Where in Torbay Palm trees can actually survive most winters. Where snow is rare except on the moors. (Although we have had snow the past two winters usually it's more like once every ten years). And then generally in January. It's spring. It's April tomorrow. It's almost Easter. So how is it that I got snowed on at lunchtime!! SNOW!! And the temperature right now is 2c.

And people don't believe climate change is real!!

I'm shattered. I watched the footy tonight. I think I kicked every ball with them. It was my lads (Arsenal) against Barcelona in the first leg of the quarter-finals of the Champions League. They played us off the park. Barcelona were magnificent. They made us (one of the best teams in the UK, who play some of the most beautiful football) look like a Sunday morning kick-about squad. When Barca went two-up shortly after half-time('keeper's error though he'd been brilliant up 'til then) I thought it was all over. But we fought back and it ended 2-2. We have got to win the second leg. But given the relative performances I don't think we stand a chance. But what a game.

That's me done for the week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

1 comment:

Tamara said...

When we were getting my comics last week we saw a house with an Arsenal banner hanging outside.