Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dinner

Very late posting tonight. Sorry folks. I've been out.

Went to the Tapas bar for dinner. Went with my sister and nephew, and my cousin (the kid), and her sister, (who I suppose, logically, is also my cousin *g*).

As we walked in I swear I saw the head waitress go pale. I think she remembered me.

I'll give her her due though, she greeted us all with a smile and a cheery "Buenas noches" as though we were her most valued customers.

We had a great meal. Lots of tasty vegetarian tapas dishes for four of us and a meat thing for my cousin's sister. My sister and my cousin's sister polished off a bottle of Rioja between them. I had a couple of Spanish beers. As did my nephew. He also had an extremely un-Spanish Jagemeister. The kid had an equally un-Spanish Pepsi (she doesn't drink). We all had coffee. We had some good laughs and some great conversations.

And nothing went wrong.

It was an entirely uneventful evening. We left the restaurant (I'm positive the waitress heaved a sigh of relief as she bid us farewell) and headed to my sister's house for dessert. Desert was incredible. My sis had made vegan brownies. Which we ate with some fresh fruit an vegan ice cream.

All in all a satisfying end to the day.

Ze

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like the two of you had a wonderful "special day".

E said...

Sound splendid...feeling any older?

zero2aries said...

@Tamara - we did indeed.

@E. Nope. Not a bit. I don't feel any different to the way I did when I was 25 or 30. I ache a bit more in cold weather but otherwise I feel just the same