Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Rugger

It's turned cold again here. We don't have the snow the Yanks are getting though. And I sincerely hope we don't get that much. I want it to be spring. At least it's getting lighter in the mornings now. I can actually leave for work in daylight.

Had to go shopping at the weekend. Clothes shopping. I hate clothes shopping. I especially hate clothes shopping, in the city centre. On Saturday. At least I went in earlier enough that it wasn't too busy. Not busy enough for me to start wanting to bite people anyway. I had to go in early because the Six Nations and the Women's Six Nations started this past weekend. And England were on TV.

We won. (I'm convinced it was my England Socks and replica jersey that did the trick). The men's match was not exactly best quality. But at least we won. The women's match was a walkover. I felt sorry for the Welsh Women's team. We beat them 31 points to 0. Didn't feel sorry for the Men's team though. The national rivalries between the various constituent countries of the UK are way too strong for that.

We play Italy next Sunday. We should win, it should be a good game. The Italians are getting better - and they battle - they never give up.

I'll tell you all about my shopping tomorrow - unless anything more interesting happens. Until then, there's loads to read, so get stuck in. *g*

PS. Never totally trust spellcheckers - always proof-read - I nearly posted this with the title CSI:Mew York!!

Ze

No comments: