Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Brilliant

Well maybe not exactly brilliant - but I'm not too bad, generally. And I'm lucky (sometimes). Anyway - I DID IT!! I fixed my laptop. Ok - it took me most of Sunday but I did it. Eventually I figured out what I was doing and realised I didn't need the three pages of DOS commands the book suggested. In fact I only needed half a page. Once I realised that it only took me a further half-hour.

Before I started I did go through one of those full of doubts and "don't try this at home, kiddies" moments, and I thought very seriously about whether it was a good idea - letting me loose on things that can be royally screwed-up is never really a smart option. And two good friends who are very computer-savvy emailed me with dire warnings of what could go wrong. And I know they were right - I could have destroyed the hard-drive beyond all fixing - but I reckoned it was useless anyway if it couldn't be fixed, so what did I have to lose.

And I fixed it!!

I'm dead chuffed.

Ze

No comments: