Friday, January 08, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

I have to say this was a pretty good week at school. Usually the week back after a long break can be...challenging. Even my own kids seemed to get back into the swing of things rather easily.

Calvin *is* a wee bit tired tonight. Friday is major tidy chore day. He decided that rather than sweeping up the dirt in the entryway he would just brush it all down the stairs to the basement. Fortunately he confessed to this fact. I told him he now had to sweep the stairs as well because cleaning didn't mean he just moved the dirt from one place to another. It actually had to make it to the trash. You would have thought I'd asked him to wash the windows, clean the bathrooms, make all the beds and manicure the dog. I ended up sending him to his room until he got over his drama king meltdown.

Eventually he calmed down and swept the stairs. It's amazing how little time that took. I'll be happy when he realizes he makes something take three times as long by griping about it. Who am I kidding? Duncan's 14 and hasn't figured that out.

Tamara

No comments: