Friday, October 13, 2006

Pumpkin Patch Fun

I spent the day frolicking with kids at a pumpkin patch in Newcastle, OK. We had perfect weather for it--not too windy or cold or hot. I go every year with the special education classes at my son's elementary school. The kids always have a blast and they get to pick their own pumpkin.

Cal had fun jumping off huge bales of hay, looking at a few farm animals and racing around a tricycle track. We skipped the corn maze this year. I could have reminded him about it but, truth to tell, I was hoping he'd forget. He almost drove me nuts by being too picky about his pumpkin. I kept pointing out perfectly nice specimens only to have them dismissed by Cal.

We survived our day and the walk home from school with me laden down by lunch bag, purse, camera, book and water jug. Yes, I took a book. I read during the bus ride. Our pumpkins we left at the school. I knew Cal wasn't up for carrying anything let alone a few pounds worth of pumpkin. Never fear, the pumpkins were rescued after school when we picked up Duncan. I was smart though and drove the car. I'm sure the pumpkins appreciated the comfort. I know I did.

Tamara

No comments: