Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spending Too Much

The lass in charge of the ferret section at the RSPCA told me that Arctic loved to play with, chase, and catch a particular cat toy. It's one of those stick things, with a piece of elastic with a feather, or a plastic mouse, or little cloth bird, or something similar at the end. Something like this.

So I decided to buy one. At the end of last week I popped into the pet shop to look for one. There were all sorts of things, toys, treat, water-bottle covers, crackle tunnels, fluffy swings.

I got carried away. By the time I left the shop I'd spent over thirty quid!! (About USD50).

It was only when I got home I realised I'd forgotten to buy the very toy I'd gone in to get.

So yesterday, on my way home from work, I called in again to get one.

I very nearly spent another £22 on a microwaveable heated sleeping mat!! (Keeps warm for 10 hours). It said it was for rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs but it was also suitable for rats, mice, and ferrets. I forced myself to put it back on the shelf. It's surprising how difficult it was to do that. I kept telling myself that ferrets don't need one, they like it cool, and summer is coming anyway.

I did remember the cat toy this time. Arctic and Polar both love it. And it's a great way of wearing them out without wearing me out. My cousin says I spoil them. Well yeah, of course, doesn't everybody spoil their pets??


Ze

No comments: