Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Ugh, Virus.

You know last Wednesday I said I was feeling better??

I was mistaken.

I started coughing almost non-stop overnight. Coughed myself sick - literally. By Thursday morning I was too ill to get out of bed. I spent the whole of Thursday in bed, sleeping when I could - in between bouts of coughing. By Friday afternoon I could get up, have a shower, and get dressed. I made it as far as the armchair and that's where I spent the rest of the day.

The doctor said, "It's viral, nothing I can do. Drink plenty and rest."

All I could eat was soup. Which didn't taste right. Even coffee tasted awful.

By yesterday I was starting to feel better. The coughing has now subsided to the odd bout every couple of hours or so. Coffee tastes good again, and I ate proper food this evening. OK - it was only beans-on-toast but it was still food.

I'm going back to work tomorrow - wish me luck.

Ze

No comments: