Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lego - No Go.

It was half-term last week. So young Barbara was on holiday from school. The weather being what it was - utterly awful - there was no way she could come to work. I don't think she was too disappointed. It's no fun in torrential rain.

Her mother and I took her to the cinema on Friday afternoon. To the Lego movie. It had had some brilliant reviews. The critics loved it, thought it was clever, and very funny. They described it as being good for kids and adults.

I thought it was "meh". Very disappointing. There were a couple of places where I smiled. But no hearty laughs. There were one or two movie in-jokes. Nothing I felt overly clever though. Personally I thought the advert they showed before the film started was funnier and far more clever. It was a fairly well-known advert for BT Infinity (a fibre-optic broadband internet & tv service) - but done with Lego figures.

Maybe I just have the wrong sense of humour. Barbara thought it was "ok" but she didn't seem particularly thrilled by it either.

I took a copy of Despicable Me on dvd over for her to watch on Saturday. A much better movie imho. She loved it. I'm taking the sequel over for her this coming weekend. (That really did make me laugh out loud - the minions doing I Swear and minion Village People doing Y. M. C. A. - very funny.

I've promised to take her and her mother to the Minions movie when it's released.

Ze

No comments: