Saturday, May 04, 2013

Free Comic Book Day 2013

Today Cal and I spent part of our day visiting my local shop (Comics Dungeon) to participate in Free Comic Book Day. While these comics are free to customers, the stores have to purchase them (at a greatly reduced discount). Most stores have big sales to coincide with FBCD and Comics Dungeon was no exception. The shop was full of folks getting their free comics and buying store stock to go along with the freebies. My favorite thing about this day is seeing how many families bring in their kids.

I ditzed this week, not realizing my two week comic pick up weekend had arrived. I'm so used to Free Comic Book Day happening on an off week for me that I didn't have my usual anal-retentive checklist of titles I'm supposed to get. Cal and I left with two weeks worth of new comics, our free comics, a discounted toy and several reduced price sets of comics.

Tamara

p.s. May the fourth be with you....

No comments: