Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Torrent of Darkness

Among the gusty trees

OK. Who stole spring and left November in its place??

Last week there was blazing sunshine, lovely warm - hot even - days. Blue skies. I was in a short-sleeved shirt.

Today??

Today I was wearing a t-shirt, a long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt and a waterproof jacket. And I was still cold. It's cold, grey, we have gales and torrential rain. The Met Office said we would be getting a month's rain in 48 hours, and there might even be some "wet snow". (Wet snow?? Is there any other kind?? It's frozen water for pete's sake!!)

Snow?? It's Devon. It's mid-May. There should not be snow. There should not be gales. There should not be temperatures below five degrees. This is just not good enough. Somebody up there is having a laugh. (This sentence is pronounced 'aving a larf in case you were wondering).

There was so much rain today I gave up trying to work and came home early.

I am not a happy bunny!!

Ze

No comments: