Monday, March 04, 2013

I survived ECCC 2013.

I'm back from my weekend ECCC fun. And boy was it fun. After last year's overcrowding they were smart and spread out. That meant more walking but fewer peoplejams. I'll take the walking.

The boys went with me again this year. I picked up our passes on Friday (took the day off work) and then brought the kids back to the con for a few hous after school was over. All three of us spent a long tiring Saturday watching panels and browsing through the dealer's room and artist's alley (spread over two huge rooms this year). Sunday Duncan putzed out on us choosing instead to sleep in. Cal and I made it to the bitter end.

One thing that's been nice to see about the Emerald City Comicon is they've grown but have retained a small con feel. Even with the increased number of movie and television show celebrity guests they've kept a focus on comics and comic creators. Their comic line up is always stellar. They've also been adding more voice actors and I really enjoy sitting in on their panels.

The best thing about ECCC is their continuing commitment to making sure there's a lot of stuff that will appeal to kids. They always have a low flat rate for kids...one price gets a kid in for all three days. All ages comic creators are spotlighted. Pretty easy with the success of Boom Studios all ages line. This year they even had a ECCC Kids area complete with an astronaut to sign autographs and tables with folks to explain cool science facts and hands on activities. They also had their own track of programming.

I do love this con and can't wait for next year's show.

Tamara

No comments: