Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I Remembered

I remembered I had to update tonight. *g*

I can't believe I was such a tosser last week - forgetting like that. I was just so tired. Partly because I was working a lot of overtime.

I've been trying to save enough for airfare to get to Dallas, in theory to attend the GCLS Con, but mainly to see some good friends there that I haven't seen for years.

I finally accepted that I couldn't do it. The cheapest airfare I managed to find was around £860. That's something like $1300. Even working all my Saturdays I still can't make it. It's a shame, they were originally supposed to be in Dallas next year - I could have saved enough by then - with this year in Portland. But the hotels couldn't work out so they switched them. Gutting.

Ze

2 comments:

E said...

Hello what happened to visiting good friends in Seattle? At this rate my daughter will be in high school when you appear.

zero2aries said...

Well... I have half an airfare to the USA saved... I could probably get the other half saved by... oh late September or early October - barring accident, sudden lack of work, or comet strike...