Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ramble from Joan

Happy Thanksgiving to those of our readers in the USA.

And bless you three times over, Joan. First for the ramble (on a night when I couldn't think of a thing to say except to grumble about the weather again), second for your loyalty, and third for the plug for the e-scribblers site!!
    Writers are vain. Well, perhaps not all of them, but I certainly am.

    I even have the very first response to a story I wrote framed above my desk. And now I have even sold a story (On the Road), and it will no longer be available on e-scribblers, as requested by the publisher.

    That puts me in a difficult position. Said publisher (Ylva Verlag, you may remember their call for submissions a few weeks ago) invited me to send in further samples, which I was happy to do, of course.

    Understandingly, they want exclusive rights to publication. That includes stories not being available on the web.

    I told them that I would pull no more stories from Elisa's and Tamara's site; it will have to be seen if that will be a real show-stopper. Perhaps they won't even like the other stories. But the thing is, Elisa and Tamara gave my stories a home after they had been rather brutally kicked from the site I originally offered them to. I feel indebted to both of them.

    Do you think I'm being silly? Regardless, that contract on my fridge is priceless. And I recommend you to sample e-scribblers, at least dabkey and InsaneEnglishWoman. My favourites, but there's more.

    Joan

And speaking of e-scribblers there are a couple of calls for submissions listed on the e-scribblers blog if any of you out there are serious writers and might be looking for a home for a story or two.

PS - check the palindrome date!!

Enjoy your updates, See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: