Thursday, November 08, 2012

Good Guys

The older I get the more I realize the good guys don't always win. In fact, the good guys rarely win. I see it all around me every day. I figured that this election would justify my pessimism about the world. Record amounts of money were spent after all. One political party has been doing it's damndest to keep folks from voting...but just certain folks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Americans not giving into the intimidation. Even going so far as to stand in line for up to six hours to cast a vote. Then I was even more surprised to see my fellow Americans in four states say 'no' to the bigots in our country who want to deny the right of marriage to same sex couples because their religion tells them it's a sin.

Four more years under a President who does many things I don't always agree with, but damn if it doesn't make me feel like the good guys finally won.

Tamara

No comments: