Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fantastic

Abso-bloody-lutely fantastic. There's no other way to describe how it felt being a part of it. The Olympics. Here in the UK.

I had a wonderful time. I got to see our Jade in the Tae Kwon Do. I got to see the Aussie Women beat the Russian women in a hard-fought Bronze Medal basketball game. And sang You're The Voice (very out-of-tune and totally off-key) along with the Aussie fans.

I got to see the Olympic Rings on Tower Bridge.

I talked to people from all over the world who had come to cheer on their teams.

I discovered for myself that although most of the time London has no patience, no time, for this there was time. And the volunteers in those awful colours were brilliant. Patient, cheerful, helpful, polite, stuffed full of knowledge and useful information and a wonderful contribution to the Olympic spirit.

I got to be a part of it. And it was magic.

Ze

No comments: