Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Almost There.

Almost at the Olympics.

And by this time tomorrow I will be in London.

I will probably be completely unable to sleep tomorrow night. Partly because I'm a big kid and I'm far too excited to be able to sleep, and partly because the morning session of the Tae Kwon Do starts at 9am. We have to be at the arena two hours prior to the start. This means we have to get up at 5.30. And I'll be so scared I'll oversleep that I won't be able to sleep at all. No matter - I can sleep next week, after the adrenaline wears off.

Hope you have all been able to watch the games. Or at least some of them. Because they've been brilliant. Last night women's footy match between Canada and the USA was a cracking game. And Jess Ennis' gold in the heptathlon was a phenomenal achievement.

Forty-eight medals - twenty-two of them gold - not bad for a little island nation of just over 63 million people.

And it's especially good because I get to lord it over my brother-in-law because Australia are (at the moment) a very long way behind... *g* (He always gives me a hard time over rugby and cricket - not to mention he supports a different Aussie Rules team to me - and they beat us recently.)

I'm dead tired but I don't even think I can sleep tonight - I'm far too hyper. Is it Thursday yet??

Ze

No comments: