Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Too Tired to Think

Sorry it's a bit later than usual tonight - I was having LiveJournal issues... if you can't get into any of the stories linked here, don't worry - LiveJournal are doing some maintenance, just try later.

Oh, that story below with chapter ?? - it's because your guess is as good as mine what chapter it is - 1?? 3?? Part 1 of story 3?? God knows. It's not exactly clearly titled. If someone, more awake than I am, can figure it out, let me know will you.

There's a distinct possibility that the website owner/unauthorised archivist I mentioned last night is a reader here - because authors I know have suddenly been approached for permission to host stories. It's usual to ask first but I suppose better late than never.

I would still recommend that, if you are a writer of fiction (fan or original) that you have posted online - even if you don't care who hosts your stories - you go and check those sites anyway. Because not only has the archivist posted stories without permission she hasn't always been careful about attaching the correct name to the story in question. This means there may be stories of yours credited to someone else. Or someone else's stories credited to you. And that might look a lot like plagiarism. And that is a hell of a reputation wrecker on the web!!

And, as it's half past midnight, I've been up since five-thirty, I'm practically falling asleep on my keyboard, and I've got to get up at five-thirty tomorrow, I am going to bed!!

Goodnight, see you next week and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: