Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Softly she was going up, And a star or two beside

"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Yep, it's that time of year again. The anniversary of the first moon landing. And yep, just as always, I'm thinking back on it and marvelling. I'm still filled with wonder that when I look into the sky I can say, "A human being walked on that moon. Someone from this planet set foot on another world".

I hope I never lose that feeling of awe.

Of course I can't actually see the moon tonight. There's about a 10km-thick layer of cloud between us and it. And it's raining. Heavily. It's been raining now for almost a fortnight. I know I said we really needed it but blimey!! Some break in the clouds would be nice.

So, have you been practising?? Football. Played with the feet. Not soccer - football.

Hah!! Bet you thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?? (Actually I had, but I was checking back to see what I had and hadn't listed last week and I spotted the line that said I'd be testing you.)

Saturday is the birthday of Ras (Duke) Tafari Makonnen, The Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie I. Revered as the messiah by the Jamaican movement taken from his title and first name - Rastafarian. If we have any Rasta readers - have a good celebration.

Enjoy your updates, see you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

2 comments:

BrownEyez0421 said...

I just have one thing to ask. Do you watch American football? *smirks*

zero2aries said...

Hand-egg?? Nope. I did try (largely because my cousin is a big fan) but to be honest I find it slow-moving and kind of boring.