Wednesday, July 06, 2011

It Rained. *does happy dance*

Started about 6pm and is still going. Thank God. We desperately need it. The ground is dust-dry for at least a spit. It cooled the air a bit. It was so close & muggy, which was not improving my mood at all. Now everything feels clean and fresh, and I'm much more chipper.

Got a cup of (instant) coffee lunchtime. An old boy, from one of the cottages nearby to where we're doing our slash-and-hack site clearance, brought out a tea-tray with coffee for us. Nice of him. He asked if we had time to do him a little favour. Muggins here said yes.

The favour turned out to be a continuation of the slash-and-hack. He had some brambles and ivy growing into his garden from the site and he wondered if I could clear them for him since I had the proper tools. (A machete, a bill-hook, and a sickle).

Those bloody brambles were taller than me!! In fact, when I'd hacked some of them down I could stand in under the rest as though they were a little hut!! And have I ever mentioned how much I hate ivy?? Bloody stuff gets roots everywhere.

It wasn't too bad though, took me about three-quarters of an hour to cut the lot down and shift the rubbish. I wasn't about to offer to dig the roots out though. I'd still be doing it a week come Michaelmas!!

I got a little gift for my trouble. They had a fruit garden with lots of gooseberry bushes and he picked me a couple of kilos while I was working. So now I have enough gooseberries for a good-sized crumble - if I can persuade somebody to make one for me. *g*. I haven't had gooseberry crumble for years.

Well, that's me done for another week. Have a good one folks. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: