Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taxes

Happy Republic Day to our Indian readers.

It's that time of year again. The time for self-employed people (and small businesses) to file their online self-assessment for Income tax. The final date to do this is January 31st. Most people start sorting their paperwork out ready to file long before Christmas. Most people file long before the final date.

Guess when I started to sort my paperwork.

Yep. This evening. And now I'm going completely spare because I'm missing two vital invoices and one important receipt. They're not in my file and I can't find them anywhere. And I need them for cost prices and VAT charges!! Ok - I can get copies. But can I get them in time?? Can I file my tax return in time?? Will I have to pay a penalty fine??

Answers to these questions in next week's thrilling episode of "The Pillock and the Inland Revenue"!! Same bat time, same bat channel.

See you next week folks. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: