Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Back to Work

Thank God. I was starting to get stir-crazy. The first few days off are good. Even as much as the first week is good. Especially when broken up by things like tobogganing, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, etc. But by the time the second week starts... I need something to do. I have too much energy to watch TV all day. And although I love to read and could quite happily polish off a book or two each day, I still need to be active between books.

So today, back to work and grateful. The snow and ice melted at the end of last week. The weather warmed up to above 0c (not by much but still, +2 is a hell of a lot better than -12). In fact the temperature rose enough to start the glossing. And, although it was cloudy and overcast for most of the day, the rain held off. Not too bad a day.

Of course, the thick cloud meant I didn't get to see the partial solar eclipse this morning so I'm sulking about that. Good view of Jupiter this evening though. (I really must buy a telescope - my old binoculars are really past their best.)

Anybody get to see the New Year's Eve fireworks over the Thames by the London Eye?? Spectacular or what!! I couldn't help wondering how much they'd cost though.

Well, fair bit to read tonight so I'll let you get on with it.

Cheers

Ze

No comments: