Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brother Noah Built an Ark.

Actually, I shouldn't really joke about it because people are dying in the flooding round the world. So far in Australia we have a dozen dead, around 80 missing and tens of thousands driven from their homes. In Brazil we have 140+ dead and another 50+ still missing. Sri Lanka sees 18 dead and 200,000 displaced. Our thoughts are with them all.

Then we've got the blizzards raging in the USA. All but Florida out of the 50 states have snow. And here in the UK we've had more snow and the coldest temperatures since records began over a century ago. And great flocks of birds (flockalypse the papers have been calling it) dropping out of the skies all over the northern hemisphere.

And people still don't believe climate change is real.

Thoughts are with the victims and families of the recent shooting in Tucson, Arizona, too. There's a lot I could rant about here. But I won't. Except to say Sarah Palin?? WTF?? Blood libel?? Does she have any idea what that really is?? Can't somebody make her sit down & STFU?? She screwed up. She's a prat. Ah well... maybe she's at least making herself completely un-electable. Which is a relief for most of the world.

I'm going to hide myself away from the horrors of the world for an hour or two, and read my new book. Which I am still over the moon about.

Plenty for you to read too. See you next week. Stay safe folks. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

2 comments:

Tamara said...

It's amazing to me that there are people who don't believe in what we're doing to the planet. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

And Sarah Palin's continuing relevance mystifies me. I long for the day when not one single media outlet will care to report what she says.

Imrryr said...

I'll never understand why the media eats up everything Palin says, especially when you consider the fact that it is always the media that she's the first to blame whenever anyone calls her out for saying something totally stupid.

In order to not end on a depressing note, I'll add that I just love this blog! I've been following it for over a month now, and have found a lot of good fics through it. So, I wanna say thanks for all your hard work :)