Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have the best friends

And they constantly surprise me with their kindness & generosity. (No not E & Tamara this time - though those statements do apply to them too.)

This time it's my friend Lynn. The author Lynn Ames, that is. (She's a publisher, too.) Apart from being cute, (gorgeous in fact), and talented (check out her books and her free online stories) she's also a very generous and thoughtful person.

She has a new book out, about women pilots. I desperately wanted a copy but being a bit brassic (aka boracic lint aka skint) at the mo (losing that money I was owed made things a tiny bit tight - the essentials are taken care of but the luxuries have to wait) I couldn't buy one just yet. So I entered a free draw hoping to win a copy. I didn't - although I was incredibly lucky and did win a book - Jeanine Hoffman's Strength in Numbers (which I'm dead chuffed about).

Well - I got a parcel today. As well as a couple of other, personal, gifts (of which I'm not sharing details - they're kind of special & private) there was an autographed copy the book. Eyes on the Stars.

See - a very special, very generous lady.

If you haven't read her stories or bought her books yet - what are you waiting for?? Get cracking!!

Ze

1 comment:

E said...

Very cool!