Friday, January 02, 2009

Fish and Nails

The snow is officially gone in Seattle. Well, there are still huge mounds of ice in odd places but the roads are their usual wet and gravel-covered rather than slick and ice-covered. Since my mother is leaving in a week and this is the last of our vacation time with her (school and work starts again Monday) we decided to take her to see something besides the two houses.

The bulk of our day was spent downtown at the Seattle Aquarium. We also visited a few gift shops and fed the seagulls at Ivar's (a local seafood chain). On the way home we stopped to get my comics, which makes today a super good one for me.

Once we got home E rested, Mike and Duncan went to the mall to exchange a shirt and Cal, mom and I went to a local nail place. My mom's one indulgence since her children moved out of the house has been to get her nails done every two weeks. She's been here three already and the nails were needing some attention.

Tonight we'll eat leftover New Year's Day food and relax. Tomorrow more sight-seeing for mom. Where that will be is still undecided. I'm just thankful for no significant snowfall yet. *knock wood*

Tamara

No comments: