Friday, June 01, 2007

Ramble from Tara Wentz

Keen news from Tara Wentz....
Almost a year has gone by since my last ramble and in that time my first book Traffic Stop has been released. I thought the day would never come, but when you're excited about something it always takes longer, right? Traffic Stop started out as a short story for an author challenge on Radclyffe's Yahoo group. She was gracious enough to let me participate and that sparked the short story which eventually became my novel. I had this story that I knew I wanted to share, but had no idea how to even begin. Luckily Radclyffe was very encouraging in her critiquing and with her help and the aid of Lori L. Lake Traffic Stop became that story. I consider it to be an action/intrigue/romance novel and I'm shocked yet very ecstatic that it's on the StarCrossed Productions Overall Bestseller list.

To those that have already purchased and read Traffic Stop I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea what your support means to me and I would love to hear your thoughts about the story. For those that haven't there are several places where you can learn more about the story if you are interested. StarCrossed Productions, Intaglio Publications or my own website at www.tarawentz.com. I've also got a Yahoo group of my own and I would love for you to join. You can find it at groups.yahoo.com/group/tarawentz/.

I've been working on a new story called Deception by Design and have about 6 chapters of it done now. Since the release of Traffic Stop I've been a little detained and somewhat distracted. However, I plan to get that going again real soon. There are also various short stories posted by myself and other members and I encourage anyone who wants to share their writing to feel free.

Last, but not least, I am very excited to also mention that I am attending the GCLS Conference this year in Atlanta. This is my first year and I can't wait to meet so many wonderful people. There are so many authors that I can't wait to meet!

Before I close I want to thank Elisa for inviting me to ramble and for having a forum where opinions and thoughts can be voiced and heard. Thank you!

Tara


There you have it. You couldn't ask for a more information-packed ramble. Check out Tara's work and if you're in Atlanta this summer say 'hey.'

Tamara

No comments: