Monday, June 18, 2007

Ramble from Phair

She needs no introduction. Take it away, phair....
Hope

It's more than 7 weeks pulse 7 weeks since the 7 days after I got the news that lead to my rambling beg for Hope. Nothing much has changed around the cosmos. However, for me, the world will never be the same. My head and my heart have been turned upside this and downside that by good people with profound thoughts and by Hope's eternal ability to infect a grieving soul with the promise of another tomorrow which can transcend death, and sometimes life for that matter.

People sent me wishes of Hope from around the world; from the Czech Republic, from India, from Texas, from the United Kingdom, from France, from Germany, from the West Coast of the US, from Maine, and from my own home, the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Some said they had no religion and some claimed they lost theirs and others were Catholics or Jews or Buddhists, there were a few Hindus too and then there were those on a Spiritual Path that defies category and a couple or three were saved to travel the 12 Steps back to us and there were a few who spoke of a Great Creator and another that noted Kali's influence in a world needing warriors.

Several of those that wrote me were ill. One or two may be dying. Others were watching a loved one struggling to survive and could not get to the thoughts of death just yet. Cancer scars so many: breast, lung, ovarian, cervical, brain. Cancer is a viscous bastard! There are others suffering the ravages of Huntington's disease and Parkinson's and a few refused to name their heartbreak.

The first thing I learned in this www correspondence was Hope supersedes faith, politics, economics, sexual orientation, and national boarders. Hope is not weighed down with old grudges; it is about the possibility of new beginnings. Hope is a unifying theme in our fractured world. Hope can be a physical presence in our lives like the woman who saw hope in her grandson's eyes or another who felt it when her newborn goddaughter sighed in her arms. Others found hope in the 2006 US elections. Several thought of it in terms of Valentine's Day or one more sunrise. One brave soul among the many stated clearly she did not like my writings but still wished me well and sent me tidings of Hope. Some claimed to be non-writers but their words still carried their heart's wish as poetically as any sonnet. Some sent good vibes, some sent hugs, some sent wishes but all sent Hope.

Meowface summed up the need we have for Hope best with, "you have to believe there is something good that moves us all." However, Pam and Dave dug a bit deeper to get the root of the subject and Dave concluded, "Hope is based on Trust." Merging those two profound thoughts creates an amazing notion that Hope is trust that something good moves all us. So in our darkest hours, we know regardless of the outcomes of our anguish we are heard.

I know I have been heard. Hope has taken up a small corner of my battle scarred heart. Daily it increases its hold on me. As my sister draws closer to the randomly chosen target date on the calendar which was so unreachable in the dead of winter, I prepare to meet a miracle. Our improbable, impossible, impractical, joyously terrifying news is due to be delivered in August on my birthday at 11:30 am; Amy Elizabeth has fought very hard to beat the odds to survive. In less than eight weeks, I will hold her and thank her for all she has given me to believe in again and promise to pay her back one hundred fold.

I thank all of you too for your messages and support. Keep Hoping. You will be heard.

best
mullaney
aka phair

www.phair1.com


Y'all thank phair for rambling and keep her family in your thoughts.

Tamara

No comments: