Friday, June 29, 2007

Ark Anyone?

Actually it's not that bad here. I know the folks in Texas are getting hit a lot worse by all this rain. We've had a few stranded cars in Oklahoma City. During heavy downpours you have to drive slower through some city streets to avoid washing out your car. The rivers and creeks are full of brick red rushing water. It's darn cool looking. You can't get past a puddle by walking on grass because the ground is so saturated you squish and get your feet about as wet as if you'd walked through the puddle.

Next week the weather folks are predicting a decrease in the rain and the return of our normal 90+ degree days. I'm not hating the rain by any means. We've needed it. But I'm sure ready to swim in my pool and enjoy a baking hot day. I can always escape to my blessed air conditioned house after all.

Tamara

3 comments:

E said...

Good Luck with your "baking" hot days.

Anonymous said...

It's more than a little wet here in Drouin, and the poor folk further east are watching their homes go under water, people being winched out by the rescue helicopter,even had reports of cows and horses being swept away in the deluge, unfortunately it's going to get worse.
Jen

E said...

That sucks. I think I will stick with my wet drizzly weather, but under control and within reason.

Jen...may the weather in Drouin dry up soon. Best wishes.

E