Sunday, December 10, 2006

Winging It

Sunday at the Hodge Lodge and we're finally getting the Christmas stuff out. Unlike E, I'm one of those fake tree afficionados. I did my time with live trees as a kid but the only funny stories I have to tell involve the tree crashing to the living room floor at least once around 3 am. That's a fun thing to wake up to, let me tell ya.

We had our annual Unitarian Christmas service today. The kids from the church act out the nativity along with an adult narrator. We sing some songs and it's a fun service. I was especially impressed by the inclusion of a dragon at the birth of Jesus.

As I type this Mike and Cal are putting lights on our fake tree. I always make sure I'm not the one who puts the fake tree together or puts the lights on. If I end up with that job I never want to put any ornaments on the tree for at least two days after. It's hard to want to gussy up a tree that you'd like to pummel after all. It turns out to be better for everyone if I stay away from the light placement portion of tree decorating.

Okay. I think I've blabbed about nothing quite enough. More updates tonight than last night. Enjoy 'em.

Tamara

No comments: