Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ramble from Linda

Lucky us, Linda's back with a ramble.
Puppy Power

December 12th. A day that will live forever as "My Aunt is the greatest". LOL

On the 19th is my mom's 73rd birthday. As usual she would not tell me what she wanted. Every year we go through this and every year I have to rack my brains trying to figure out the right gift.

This year I had an idea but I had to wait on a very fickle lady for the gift. My nieces' father has two pit bulls, Zeus and Hera. Both are about 11 years old. Because of his age, Marcus decided to breed Zeus one last time to a neighbor's dog. Keeping this a secret from the girls was hard.

The puppies were born October 31st. After seeing the puppies I knew I had to get one for the family. They are so cute. I picked out the runt of the litter, a female all white except for a patch of brown around her left eye.

I decided that the puppy would be a early birthday present for mom, a late birthday gift to Victoria, her birthday was Nov 24th and an early Christmas gift for Ellie. I had planned on it being a gift for Victoria but the lady who owned them didn't want to give them up but changed her mind a week ago.

On the 12th, Marcus bought over the puppy when the girls were at school. My mom at first was a little standoffish about the whole idea. The girls are too young for a puppy. Victoria is 8 and Ellie is 14. The thing is mom had lost her dog, a toy poodle, a year ago. Plus the puppy is a pit bull. Marcus has always had pit bulls. Beside Zeus and Hera, he had Callisto when Ellie was a baby. In all those years never once did any of the dogs harm the girls in any way. In fact the girls tend to use the dogs as pillows when they are over at their dad's place.

The puppy now called Zoey was a huge hit with the girls. I wanted to continue with the mythology theme but Ellie decided to her name her after her favorite writer, Zoey Dean. She writes a series of teen books that Ellie is nuts over.

Zoey has decided that Ellie is the alpha female of the pack. She will listen more to Ellie than anyone else. The girls have split doggy care between them. Ellie, cleans up any accidents in the house and general care of the dog. Victoria has what she calls "poopie patrol" outside.

I am not a big fan of dogs, never have been. So the girls know I went against my nature to get this gift for them. They are thrilled beyond words with the puppy. They know the rules concerning the dog. The number one rule is Zoey does not go into my bedroom. This week that has cut down on their use of the computer. LOL

The girls think I am the greatest aunt in the world. Now if I can just get Zoey over the habit of licking my toes, I will be a happy person. LOL

Linda


I've done my time with cats and I've done my time with dogs. Can't say that I have a preference. I do know that I'm happy with Max. I wish Linda luck with the new addition to her family. Sounds like Zoey is fitting right in. Don't forget to take a little time to thank Linda for sharing her rambles with us.

Tamara

No comments: