Wednesday, September 02, 2015

thou ceaseless lackey to eternity.

Time, that is.

It passes so quickly these days. It's September already. How can that be?? I'll swear it was January just yesterday. And it's 2015... but...but... surely it's only a couple of years since we were celebrating the new millennium...

Frightening to think that it's twenty years since I sat down to watch a campy little fantasy show, because there was sweet fa on tv and I was bored and off work - a show that, history buff as I am, and with an obsession for factual accuracy, should have had me tearing my hair out. But it didn't. I fell in love with that campy little show, and I'm still in love with it - though it did its best to break my heart.

Even more frightening, when I'm starting to think about something - a song, a place, a memory - from the early 80s and think that was what?? fifteen?? twenty?? years ago - and I stop and realise 1980 was thirty-five years ago.

Thirty-five years ago

And now I feel old.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: