Wednesday, July 22, 2015

And So to NOLA

Arrived in Dallas at 3am Tuesday UK time... I was knackered after 25 hours being awake (with only 3 hours sleep in the previous 46) but the only thing I could think was Bloody Hell it's f*king hot here. It was 9pm Monday and it was still 40c. Forty bleeding degrees Celsius...

Today (bright & early local time but mid morning for my body-clock) road trip!! Off to New Orleans...I wouldn't even begin to think about driving that kind of distance in a single day back home (not that I can drive that distance in the UK - not without driving off the end of the country & into the sea... You know what they say... in the UK a hundred miles is a very long way, in the USA a hundred years old is a very long time... (my city is 1935 years old and is far from the oldest in Britain, let alone Europe).

I think it's every bit as hot in NOLA as Dallas... but far more humid... I'm about to do a Wicked Witch impression... "I'm melting, I'm melting".

See you next week - but only for Tuesday. On Wednesday I'm on my mammoth journey home & I'll be in a 'plane somewhere.

Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: