Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weddings & Funerals

It's been a funny old week.

Yesterday I went to a funeral. It was sad but not unexpected. A friend's brother, 57, mental health issues, drank himself to death. Such a shame because he was a lovely bloke, troubled but a true gent. We didn't wear black - he'd have hated that. We wore football shirts because he loved his team.

Tomorrow I'm off to a wedding. (Barbara's mother.) I was a little worried about what I'd be expected to wear, but Barbara's mother was brilliant. Wear what you feel comfortable in, she said, jeans if you like or a suit and tie if you want. We're both happy with whatever you wear and if any of the other guests have a problem with it then they're welcome to leave.

Barbara's mother is awesome.

I won't wear jeans, or a suit, but I will wear a smart pair of trousers and a proper leather jacket (i.e not a bike jacket).

...............................

Today was even hotter. Over 20c - which is ridiculous for April. Arctic finally worked out what the ice-bottle was for. She was sprawled on it when I got home. Polar still hasn't figured it out yet, but with luck he'll copy Arctic. He does that a lot.

.....................

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: