Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Family Issues

My cousin's (the one I share a house with) younger brother collapsed a week ago, suffering from a sub-arachnoid haematoma. He was rushed to hospital. They put him into an induced coma, hoping to relieve the pressure so that they could then operate & put a drain in. The pressure has not decreased.

Because of the haematoma, and a second bleed he suffered before being put into the coma, he has massive brain damage - the sort where he'll have to re-learn how to walk and talk. And he will have memory problems - far worse than mine. If he survives.

He has a 30% chance of surviving.

She's keeping positive for his kids (he has four) and I'm keeping positive for her. Any prayers & good thoughts you can send our way would be gratefully received.

Ze

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, my aunt/second mother, suffered the same fate. She lived alone, so unfortunately, by the time I found her, it had been a while since she had collapsed and too late for any positive outcome. It was a very devastating experience. I'm not a praying person but I do hope for the best possible outcome for your cousin's brother, his family and all affected.