Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Autumn's Back

First - Rosh Hashanah, Jewish New Year, starts today. We wish our Jewish readers a good year.

Next - thanks E for covering yesterday for me. Much appreciated.

They say that when you're young you go to a lot of weddings and when you're old you go to a lot of funerals. I must be getting old because since the beginning of the 21st century I've been to twice as many funerals as weddings...it would be nice if I didn't have to do another for a while.

Last weekend marked the autumnal equinox, the first day of autumn. The early mornings have felt very autumnal - pretty cool, very misty, no birdsong, dozens of eight-legged monsters in webs in the gardens and fields, (there must be twenty-five of the beasts in our front garden - and our front garden is not very big!!). But other than that we've been enjoying some very warm weather indeed.

The UK, (and you have no idea how very happy I am that my country is still the UK and not just the bit that would be left if Scotland had departed), has been enjoying an "Indian Summer". I've never been sure if that's "Indian" as in the Asian sub-continent or "Indian" as in the common (but incorrect) name for American First Nations peoples. I'll have to investigate one of these days. Whichever it is, it's unseasonably warm - and very welcome.

Hope your days are as beautiful as ours. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: