Saturday, July 05, 2014

Vacation

We've only been in Oklahoma three days and I'm already pooped but the kids are having a blast. Why am I pooped? Probably because I've chosen to sleep on a blow up mattress in a room that's also occupied by my two sons. They both like to stay up into the wee hours and watch videos and laugh. I know we have things to do the next day and have to keep telling them to go to sleep. I think I'll sleep like the dead when I finally make it back to Shoreline.

Last night we had our annual fireworks extravaganza at Wild Horse Park in Mustang, Oklahoma. I do believe Emory has never experienced anything like it. The weather has cooperated and our hours outside yesterday weren't marred by oven-like temps.

Tomorrow I'm taking all three kids and my young cousin to White Water. When we lived in Oklahoma we always bought a season pass and visited the water park at least once a week. I think Emory is going to like this place too. I'll swim but may spend some of the day just relaxing and reading in one of their lounge chairs.

Tamara

No comments: