Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Bitter Oranges

I am knackered. Too tired to even think - let alone ramble.

Yet another late kick-off, then extra-time, followed by a penalty shoot-out. I hate penalty shoot-outs.

And that's the Dutch out of the running... now they have to play Brazil it what must be the most painful, disheartening, pointless game... the third place play-off.

It's going to be a difficult final to watch on Sunday. Germany v Argentina. Traditionally English football fans hate the German team. Not the individual players you understand. Or the German people. Just the football team. But we also hate the Argentinian football team - we have never forgiven them for the "hand of God", deliberate, blatant cheating.

It's going to be even more difficult for Brazilian fans. I can't imagine a bigger football nightmare for them than having your worst rivals win the cup in your country, in your best stadium. If Argentina win it could turn a bit nasty...

I think I'll probably back Germany... lesser of two evils and all that... *g*

And I had Holland in the sweepstake at work, too... ah well.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: