Thursday, July 03, 2014

Not a Mountain in Sight

The kids and I made it to Oklahoma City safe and sound and with no fuss. I was worried because my experience with Frontier Airlines ticket purchasing and their web site and their obnoxious pay for every little thing system had me thinking we could be in for a frustrating flight. Not so. Everything went smoothly.

Duncan flew Southwest Airlines because we bought his ticket well after we'd made our reservations. He initially told me he didn't want to make the trip this year but the closer we got to it the more he regretted the decision. I could have gotten him on the same Frontier flights as ours but after dealing with their price structure I decided this was the last time I would spend money with them. Southwest's price was only about $20-$30 more and you don't pay for checked luggage or carry on bags. He ended up flying on the same day, arriving at the Oklahoma City airport about an hour after we did.

So far all we've really done is prepare for the 4th of July. Usually we wait to buy our buttload of fireworks on the 4th. I finally wised up and we purchased them today. The kids will have plenty to blow up tomorrow. Send good vibes our way that everyone keeps fingers and toes and we're all able to dodge the fireworks being set off around us by folks who might not be as safe.

Tamara

No comments: