Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Email - Grrr.

We're in the middle of Navaratri - I hope all or Hindu readers are having a good festival.

I have got to do something about my email Spam filter. Not because I have tonnes of spam in it - no, far from it, I checked it today and I have just four emails in it.

Unfortunately those four emails are not spam.

They are in fact "hope you feel better" emails from four very good friends - all of whom are in my contacts list and should be safe!! Jean, Vic, Gov, and Dani - sorry I haven't replied but Thunderbird (or maybe GoDaddy - I wouldn't put it past them!!) sabotaged you - I will reply tomorrow. And thank you all.

Every single email from a stranger got through with no trouble but these four got diverted!! Why?? Half the time posts from the Uber Etc. Yahoo Group wind up in there too. Including my own!!

What with the complete mess that Yahoo have just made "improving" their email (which was fine the way it was). Not to mention the pig's ear they made of Yahoo Groups lately. And the similar mess that Hotmail's improvements have made. Plus the travesty that resulted when AOL took over my beloved Netscape mail some years ago. I'm starting to think that email is actually a plot to drive us all to drink!! Make mine a Laphroaig please. And don't put ice in it!!

See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: