Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Done It Again.

The walking disaster zone strikes again.

Barely had I finished healing from my fall from the ladder when I wound up back in the doctor's surgery.

And all I did was step off the kerb!!

Seriously that's all I did. I went to cross the road to the bus stop this morning. I stepped off the kerb with my left leg and suddenly felt something "go" in my knee. It hurt like hell. I hobbled off to work but by 11 o'clock I could hardly put my weight on it, let alone climb any ladders, so they sent me home - via my GP. (Not painful enough to consider a trip to A&E).

By some miracle I could actually get to see my GP today. (GP = General Practitioner. AKA Family Doctor). Usually you have to wait a day or two for an appointment but luckily for me her last appointment of the day (18.50hrs/6.50pm) was free.

She poked & prodded my knee, had me walk across the room without my jeans on so she could watch the way it moved. And then she informed me that she believed I'd hyper-extended my medial collateral ligament.

I said, "Do what??"

She laughed and replied, "You've sprained your knee."

I didn't even know you could sprain your knee (I've done my ankles loads of times).

She sent me off with the usual instructions to RICE. And take paracetamol if necessary. She said to take tomorrow off but if I really must then I can work Friday as long as I have a proper orthopaedic support on my knee - not just an elastic bandage.

Who knew kerb-stones could be so dangerous??

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: